Checking the Balance on a Gift Card – It’s humiliating to try to buy something with a gift card just to discover that you don’t have enough money on it! You can, fortunately, check the balance of your gift card before you start shopping. You can check your balance by visiting the card’s website, calling them, or visiting a physical location.
Method 1 of 3:
Checking Your Balance Online
- Find the website on the back of the card. Read the fine print on the back of the card by flipping it over to the side with the black strip. It will normally include instructions on how to locate your balance and will occasionally include a link to a website where you may find your balance.
- Be wary of websites that aren’t associated with the gift card company. Use only websites that are linked through the company’s official website or the website displayed on the back of the card.
- Type the required information into the site. When you visit the website listed on the back of the card, you will see fields for information about your card. This will typically include your card number as well as another numeric code such as the expiration date or access code.
- To see the card numbers on the back of the card, you may need to peel off a piece of tape.
Hit submit or enter. After you complete the information, you should be directed to a page that displays the remaining balance on your gift card. If it doesn’t work, return to the previous page and enter the card information again. Before submitting them, double-check them to ensure that they are correct.
- If the information still does not work, your card may have expired or there may be a technical issue. Call the company or visit a physical site in this scenario.
- Call or go to the store if there is no website on the back of the card. If there is no website listed on the back of the card, you may not be able to check your balance online. If this is the case, you will need to verify the balance on your gift card using another method.
Method 2 of 3:
Calling the Gift Card Company
Locate the company’s number on the back of the card. Most gift cards will have a toll-free number on the back that you may contact to find out what your balance is. Locate the phone number on the back of the card by flipping it over to the side with the black card strip. Some cards will have two phone numbers: one for customer service and another for balance queries.
- If you contact customer service, they will be able to point you in the direction of the balance inquiry phone number.
Call the number you found on the card. Dial the balance inquiry number listed on the card’s back. This number will sometimes connect you to a live operator and other times it will connect you to an automated phone system.
Use the keypad on the phone to input your information. When you contact the number, you will be asked for card information such as the card number, expiration date, your birth date, or the last four digits of your phone number. The information you’ll need will vary depending on the sort of gift card you have. Follow the automated system or speak with a customer care person once you have entered all of the necessary card information.
Wait and listen to hear your balance. After entering the necessary information, you will be sent to a readout of your balance. Write down the balance or save it to your phone so you know how much money you have on the card.
Method 3 of 3:
Going into the Store
Visit a physical location to use the gift card. If your gift card is for a specific company, go to that company’s store. They will usually tell you the balance on your gift card for free.
Ask an employee if they can check the balance on your gift card. Give your gift card to a customer care representative or a cashier and ask them to check the balance on it. They should be able to scan the card and give you the balance.
Look at the bottom of the receipt after you use the gift card. Get a paper receipt if you spend the gift card at a physical location. The remaining amount of your card will be listed at the bottom of the receipt by most businesses.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.