3 Ways to Track a MoneyGram Money Order


3 Ways to Track a MoneyGram Money Order – A simple way to move money between two parties is to use MoneyGram. Via MoneyGram, an individual may send or receive funds in person via agents at locations around the world, through account transfers, standard mail, and via online portals. For safety and peace of mind, keeping track of the money order from the sender and/or receiver end is an essential feature.

3 Ways to Track a MoneyGram Order

Method 1 of 3:

Tracking as the Sender

  1. Log in and view your transaction history. This refers to online MoneyGram money order senders with an active account.
    • On the main MoneyGram website, go to the login tab.
    • Find your account’s transaction history and access the order you have sent. You should notice the send-order status there.
    • This is an online choice, and “Track a transfer” is another.
  1. Click on “Track a Transfer.” This is also for cases involving online senders. For this, you should have the permit and/or reference number on the paper money order stub handy.
  • This number should be obtained from your receipt/confirmation of the request.
  • If you are using a physical money order form, then you can look for the 11-digit reference number on the left side of the sheet that you are filling out to the receiver, typically the sequence of broad red digits. The number would normally be on the edge of the receipt of the detachable stub.
  • Enter your last name as well, then click on ‘Track Switch.’
  • Your front lines for online requests to track orders are “Track a Transfer” and active account history. A phone call could be your next best option if they don’t work.
  1. Call the MoneyGram money order service line. This is to verify if a money order has been cashed.
  • The toll-free phone number currently available is: 1-800-542-3590
  • Your money order reference number and dollar amount sent will need to be entered.
  • To give the recipient a chance to cash the money order, you may want to allow some time to pass. In particular, consider allowing 2-3 weeks to pass if it is a business you are sending to. Planning to submit a claim card if more than 2-3 weeks have passed.
  1. Submit a claim card. This is for a shipped money order that has been physically misplaced. You’re going to need the form from the MoneyGram page.
  • Download and print the claim form. Fill out the form fully. Pay particular attention to the reference number you kept from the application stub/receipt.
  • Prepare a $15.00 processing fee made payable to: “MoneyGram International”
  • Include copies of the application stub (purchaser’s receipt), the money order number from the submission, and the dollar sum sent.
  • If it turns out the money order was cashed then a photocopy of it will be sent to you.
  • If the money order was not cashed then the balance would be refunded to you as a check.
  • If you’re a purchaser without the reference numbers on your money order then you’ll need to fill out the “Number Search form.”
  1. Contact MoneyGram customer support. If anything else fails, you can contact the MoneyGram customer support system more directly.
  • At the MoneyGram location that you used to send a physical money order, you can try a local agent. Sometimes, these agents can only be clerks in other shops, and not committed employees. You may want to use the other customer service solutions if they are not agents in direct contact with MoneyGram.
  • Dial the toll-free primary number. That number is currently: 1-800-Moneygram (1-800-666-3947). They should dial 1-800-955-7777 for Spanish speakers.
  • Using the contact form online. For this, you need to leave your personal contact details, and while the order information is not needed in the transaction section, if you send it along with your comment/request, it will allow the agent to assist you.
  • Using the help forms for the money order. You will need to use the online protected file transfer connection if an agent asks you to submit supporting documents.

Read more:

Method 2 of 3:

Tracking as the Receiver

  1. Use the “Track a Transfer” function for online orders. The sender should have provided you with the referral number.
  • Without having an account on MoneyGram, this will allow you to see the transfer status.
  • To get a response, you will need to enter your last name and then click “Track Transfer”.
  1. Go to a local MoneyGram agent. If a physical money order has been sent to you to be received at an approved venue, you can verify its status with them.
  • Money orders can be sent directly to an individual or company, but they can often be sent to the retail locations of MoneyGram, particularly if a person is traveling or for other reasons.
  • The money order can simply still be in the mail if the delay is less than 2 weeks. If in 2-3 weeks the money order has not reached you or its specified MoneyGram location, ask the sender to file a claim card.
  1. Contact MoneyGram’s customer support. Only the buyer can make a claim on the money order sent, but as the receiver, you can at least contact MoneyGram to let them know that if the buyer is unavailable, the order is missing.
  • Make sure you have the reference number of the money order that the buyer originally sent you, and the dollar sum sent available.
  • If convenient, use the telephone service: 1-800-Moneygram (1-800-666-3947) for Spanish speakers or 1-800-955-7777.
  • You may also make use of the web-based communication form. Fill out as much transaction data as you can to speed up service along the way.
  1. Ask if there is a delay at a financial institution. There may be a variety of reasons for this, including foreign exchange for international orders, and the policy of the organization to ensure that the money order clears.
  • For example, if the person who sent you the order submits it to your bank or credit union, they may keep it for a processing period that is similar to clearing a check. If this happens over a weekend or holiday, it may be a day or two or longer.
  • Currency exchanges may delay the processing of foreign orders for a day or so as the money order changes the value of the account.
  1. Contact the purchaser. If it is missing for a long period of time and not cashed out, the sender of the money order must file a lawsuit on the money order.
    1. Be as careful as you can to ensure that you have not missed the order in your daily mail, or that the person may have sent the order to other places, such as MoneyGram dealers or banks.
    2. If/when you are sure that the money order is missing, ask the customer to file the claim so that they can be reimbursed and maybe find some way to get you funds.

Method 3 of 3:

  1. Requesting Information on an Older Money Order

Get a copy of the historical transaction form. For a fee, you may request information about transactions from 1 to 10 years. You may be the sender, recipient, or even a third-party of the order. In the Money Order section for service forms, you need to get this form from the MoneyGram website.

  • The form is a two-page PDF file only, but when submitting it, you will require extensive documentation along with this form.
  • If you make a mistake filling it out for the first time, you might want to print out a few copies.
  • For requesting data on an order 1-year-old or less, you would need to prepare a $25 fee, a $50 fee for an order 2-3 years old, $75 for a 4-5-year-old order, and $100 for a 6-10-year-old order.
  • On MoneyGram’s website or at the location of a physical agent, pay the fee online. A reference number that will go on the historical request form should be given to you by either service.
  • Include in part 3 of the form the relevant reference numbers for which you charged the historical service fee.
  • MoneyGram does not hold records for more than 10 years.
  1. Fill out the proper sender and receiver names. For each MoneyGram order, you want details about, you will need to do this.
  • All previous phone numbers, emails, and nicknames used are included.
  • You will need to request appropriate identification if you are a third-party applicant. It is appropriate to accept photocopies proving your identity as next of kin to a deceased sender or receiver of a MoneyGram transaction.
  • Lawyers representing a client would need to submit the form with a Power of Attorney permit to allow MoneyGram’s legal department to process the request for an additional 2-3 weeks.
  1. Attach appropriate identification to the form. This should be a photocopy of your identity as the receiver, sender, or third party.
  • It is possible to send documents to historicaltrnx@moneygram.com
  • Currently, documents can be faxed to the following numbers: U.S. customers only – 1-866-954-7475; U.S. customers only – 001-303-586-4660
  • Through the safe file transfer method, you might be able to add more documents.
  1. Contact MoneyGram representatives if you want more details. Only specific information will be used in historical transactions. You would have to apply for a “subpoena.” if you want copies of signatures, hard copies of receipts, and more information about senders and receivers.
  • The names of senders and receivers, submission and cashing dates of orders, order amounts, fee amounts, and reference numbers are shown in historical records.
  • If you want to get information such as signature duplicates, physical receipts, and addresses, then you need to ask for directions from MoneyGram members. In this case, use the principal interaction form.

See also: How to Transfer Money Using The Walmart App

Disclosure: This post can contain affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.

We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.

Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.

The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here