Help with Sign-in issues – Having trouble accessing your account with Pokémon GO? This article outlines troubleshooting steps on how different sign-in problems can be solved.
Error Messages “Unable to Authenticate” and “Failed to Log In”
If our servers are experiencing a temporary problem or your network connection is bad, you can receive ‘failed to log in’ or ‘unable to authenticate’ error messages.
Check to ensure there is a good network link on your mobile device, or wait a short while, then try logging in again. Try closing and reopening the Pokémon GO software if the problem continues.
The login provider retains your account password: either Google, Facebook, Apple, Pokemon Trainer Club, or Niantic Kids. Since your external account passwords are not collected or saved by Pokémon GO, our support team can not access or reset the external account password you use to log in.
Help with Sign-in issues
To change or reset your password, please visit your login provider’s website:
- Google: Visit the Google Accounts Support Center for tips on resetting or modifying your password.
- Facebook: Visit the Facebook Support Center for tips on resetting or modifying your password.
- Apple: To help update your password, visit this Apple support page.
- Pokémon Trainer Club: To reset or change your Pokémon Trainer Club password, visit the Pokemon Trainer Club website. You can meet Pokémon Help for more assistance with the Pokémon Trainer Club.
- Niantic Kids: Visit this page to learn how to reset your password for the parent or child account.
Email Address & Login Provider Help
If you don’t know which email address or login provider you used to log in to Pokémon GO, by looking up your Trainer nickname, we might be able to help retrieve it.
I know my Trainer nickname!
For assistance in retrieving your email address, please contact us and pick ‘Sign-in Question’ from the drop-down menu.
- Free Instagram Sign in | Steps to Login Instagram Account
- Insatgram Login Website | Sign in Instagram with Facebook
I don’t know my Trainer nickname…
We recommend checking screenshots you might have saved on your mobile device when playing Pokémon GO to help find your Trainer nickname. Your nickname appears in the lower-left corner of the Map View screen, or in the Trainer Profile screen above your Avatar. If you happen to find your nickname, please contact us and choose ‘Sign-in Question’ from the drop-down menu.
Note about Pokémon Trainer Club accounts: Your screen name, username, and Player ID for the Pokémon Trainer Club are different from your Pokémon GO Trainer nickname.
Still don’t know your Trainer nickname or email address?
Unfortunately, without either your training nickname or email address, we will not be able to find your account in our system. In the event you remember your login provider, use the tools below to recover your login credentials:
- Google: To obtain a list of all your Google email addresses, use Google’s recovery form.
- Facebook: To help you log back to your account, visit the Facebook Help Center.
Apple: You may have selected the “Hide my email” option when creating an account. If so, go to your Pokémon GO Settings app to find your randomly generated email address, or visit this Apple support page to log back into your account for additional assistance.
- Pokemon Trainer Club: For assistance in restoring your account, visit the Pokemon Trainer Club website. You can access Pokémon support at the Pokémon Support website for more assistance with the Pokémon Trainer Club.
- Niantic Kids: Contact us via this form, and from the drop-down menu, select “Sign-in Issue”.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.