There are several people who derive joy in colors and choose their best color fits ranging from dressing, designs, paints and several other reasons. They simply derive joy when they are surrounded by a certain color or combination of colors.
Out of several colors, the purple color is one that stands out. We know colors has its meaning to several people. Purple is often regarded to signify royalty by many, but as much as most people love this amazing color, they simply don’t know the color combinations that make it up or how to simply make this color. This is quite disheartening and this has led several people to search for some facts on the purple color.
Today in this guide, we will help to reveal some basic things about the “Purple color” in this guide. We will outline its meaning to many, what colors form the purple color, what the color signifies and how to make this color
Making the Color Purple
As known to many, most colors are a result of a combination of two or more other colors. The primary colors are known to be the basic colors that are used to generate other colors. Now we will discuss the combinations to obtain a purple color
Color Mixture to Obtain Color Purple
In order to form the purple color, there are two primary colors that are used, these are red and blue. The mixture of these two colors brings out this royalty color.
Several people have disagreed and argued this out that the combination of red and blue does not give the purple color, well what I would like to state out is that we have different shades of all colors, so if a different shade of the red and blue colors are mixed together, then one cannot achieve a perfect shade of color people. So one important point is to simply ensure we are using the right shade of both colors.
What does Color Purple signify?
As we know, several colors have different connotations. Several attributes have been associated with colors and this is now a norm amongst people. For instance the white color has been associated with purity, the red color is often associated with danger, hunger, or love (I trust valentine came to mind on hearing red). All other colors also have their associated meanings and the color purple is not left out as people often tag purple color alongside royalty, most people associate the color with luxury, power, and wisdom. Although meaning of colors may vary from one place or region to the other, one thing is for certain, the color psychology states that the purple color can have calming effects over the mind and nerves and can also be uplifting while triggering creativity.
Why People Love Color Purple?
There are several reasons why people love the color purple and choose it for events, invitation cards, their dressing, paints, accessories and for decorations, reasons why people love color people include:
- What cannot be neglected when we discuss the color purple is people’s assumption that it depicts royalty, Yes who will not want to look royal, this can be regarded as the number one reason why people love the color purple
- Another reason is that this color can go with virtually all other colors, talk of white, orange, violent among other colors
- There is also a shade of purple to match every mood, whether been sad, happy, excited, bored, elegant or tired, purple color matches any mood perfectly
- This color fits almost everyone: This is unlike some colors that are complexion selective, we all know yellow color does not look good on people who are fair in complexion likewise black color on dark people are not advised. However, the purple color fits almost any complexion you can think of perfectly.
What Colors can you use with Color Purple
Several things have been said about the color purple, now let us move to the color combinations that match the color purple, I trust this is the section that would interest fashion designers and home decorators.
Purple has stated earlier is one of the most amazing colors, this is noticed as most wedding ceremonies prefer this color and this has led to the assumption that this color symbolizes the harmony of a human with nature.
Purple is a neutral color that is not considered to be that of a female or male as opposed to several other colors that are associated to a particular gender, e.g the pink color loved by most ladies. The neutral stance of purple might be as a result of its combination as red often symbolizes female while blue is a masculine color. Colors that can be matched with purple color include:
Also, in most design card, the colors that are associated with purple include:
- Lilac or Iris
Tips Make Color Purple Paint
We will conclude this article with little tips to consider while making the color purple paint as this is what most people want with colors, they simply want to be creative!
Listed below are the tips to consider
- To start with, test the red and blue paint with white
- When combining these colors, ensure you add more blue than red for a deeper purple
- To create a lighter shade of purple, add more of the red paint to the mix
- Mix permanent rose and blue to make a darker purple color
- You can also combine cyan and magenta for another perfect electric shade of purple
- Use a small amount of black paint to make darker shades of purple
I hope this guide was helpful?