Facebook TV is a video-on-demand Facebook service which joins aspects of its video and gives the users a great functionality with premium content. The service was announced on the 9th of August 2017. It was then operated by US users at the end of the month. Also, it allows users to upload their own long-form and short-form videos. The original video content of Facebook TV is produced for the company by shareholders or partner who earns about 55% of the advertising revenue and Facebook earns the remaining 45%.
The company further announced in January 2017 that they will be adding ‘mid-roll’ adverts to the videos. Whereby ads will appear in the videos when the users have watched the video for at least 15 seconds. Facebook lifted a long-time ban on ‘pre-roll’ ads. It is an advertising platform that displays promotional content before the users start watching the main video. The service has stopped the use of ‘pre-roll’ ads due to the fact that the format has a reputation for annoying users who want to get to their desired content.
The TV requires a Facebook account as it is a free service. An original comedy, news, and drama can also be uploaded by the users. The total sum of 1$ billion USD was used for the content through 2018. Facebook TV can be accessed through the main Facebook account.
For short-form videos, the sum of $10,000-$40,000 per episode was budgeted by Facebook. Via various contracts renewal have placed the budget within the $50,000-$70,000 range.
For long-form movies i.e TV-length series, the sum of $250,000 to over $1 million was budgeted and the company was willing to spend up to $1 billion on original video content through 2018How To Use Facebook TV
Before the users can operate the service, they have to open a Facebook account. Once the Facebook account is ready and available, then users can learn how to watch TV on Facebook with the steps below:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Select watch, which is located at the left menu bar. For easy search, you can check for the TV icon that is found below the news feed and messenger options in the navigation pane.
- Facebook TV is like a marketplace or a messenger. It is highly integrated with Facebook but exists as a separate thing from the main news feed on Facebook.
When Facebook TV is opened, there are different ways to find videos which are stated as follows:
When you select follow on any show or video, it will be added to your watchlist. You can be able to also save videos and select the latest video in the watchlist section of Facebook TV in other to be able to watch and access the videos anytime you wish.
- Top picks
The service has an algorithm that helps to find videos of your interest based on your hobbies, location, videos you have seen before and interests. The Facebook TV main site is populated by automatically chosen shows or videos.
- Editor’s picks
Through a large banner at the top of the main Facebook TV site, some of the most popular Facebook videos are available. The arrow on the right side of the banner contains the options.
Type the name of the video you want to watch in the search video field. For example, when you type “The royal wedding” in the search bar, the Facebook TV exclusive show of the same name will pop up.
After choosing the section of your choice, Facebook TV leaves you fun and interesting moments to enjoy.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.