How to find and create your Facebook avatar:
Your Facebook avatar is meant to be your digital representation on the social media platform but you might have to dig around to find it.
- You will first want to open up the Facebook app on your Android or iOS device and tap on the Menu button, which appears as three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner.
- Then, scroll down and tap on the See More section to expand it.
- You will notice a new button branded Avatars with a purple smiley face.
- Tap on Avatars and follow the on-screen instructions as they guide you through the creation process.
- According to Facebook, avatars “are a new way to be you on Facebook”.
- But you will have a chance to customize your looks to your liking, by picking hour hairstyle, body shape, makeup, and clothing.
- Hit through the prompts on the screen to Get Started.
- Once you are satisfied with your look, save your creation and Facebook will load up a static image of your brand new avatar.
- From there you will have few options to edit the avatar and share it with others, including through Messenger.
How to use Facebook avatar in Messenger:
Once your avatar is set up and you are happy with your looks, you can share your creation with your friends and family.
- Avatars can be shared through Messenger in the form of personal stickers.
- From the Avatars landing page, tap on the second of three buttons in the top-right corner.
- You will be taken to the sticker menu where you have a total of 50 stickers featuring your avatar.
- Tap on any sticker and you will be prompted to send it through Messenger.
- Select the person you want to send the avatar to and you will then see it appear in your conversation.
Fidji Simo, the head of Facebook’s app, said of the avatars: “So much of our interactions these days are taking place online, which is why it’s more important than ever to be able to express yourself personally on Facebook.”
She added: “With so many emotions and expressions to choose from, avatars let you react and engage more authentically with family and friends across the app.”
Within the app, you can also share your avatar directly to your feed or set it as a temporary profile picture.
- Simply tap on the curved arrow button in the top-right corner.
- When you share the avatar to your feed, you can change your pose to one of three current presets.
- On iOS you can also download your stickers as transparent PNG picture files, share them on WhatsApp, assign them to contacts or even email them around.
- From the sticker menu, tap on a sticker and select More Options to make your choice.
- You can also use your avatar to react and comment on people’s posts on their wall.
- Simply start typing a comment, then tap on the smiley face on the right and then tap on the purple Avatars icon on the bottom of your screen.
Facebook’s Alexandru Voica said in April: “We’re expanding Avatars across Europe, and are excited to give people in these countries a new way to express themselves and convey more of their identity.
“Avatars let people create a new persona, allowing them to share across Facebook and Messenger in a more light-hearted way.”
And remember, if you want to alter your look, all you have to do is tap the pencil button in the top-right.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.