If you’ve been searching on the internet for how to transfer an internet data bundle with your families and friends, then here is the updated post for you.
MTN Data Share allows users to share their data (MB & GB) easily via a straightforward USSD code and other ways highlighted in this post.
Search Queries related to How To Transfer Data On MTN:
how to share data on MTN 2020
how to share data from MTN to MTN
how to transfer data on MTN 2020
how to share data on MTN Nairaland
how to transfer data from MTN to MTN 2020
MTN data share code 2020
how to share data on MTN 2020
This service is not the same as data gifting; neither is it MTN data renewal. This one is especially for users who have existing data on their MTN SIM and wishes to share it with other MTN customers.
Okay, so let us see the steps involved if you would like to start doing Father Christmas with your data bundle.
MTN Data gifting is very much back & better, with the MTN Data gifting service, you can send data to your other gadgets, modems, & tablets. With this service, you’ll pay for the Data bundle on the user’s behalf.
Here is how to you can share data on the MTN network within four steps;
- Dial *123*3#, then reply with 7.
- After doing that, you will get a list of options to make. You can as well transfer data from your data balance, buy for a friend, or even request data from your friend.
- Kindly choose the option you wish to use.
- Enter your friend’s number (of course, an MTN number) then choose the amount of data you wish to share with the friend.
Please note that you can only share data twice a day; the maximum data you can share on a daily is 200MB.
Here is how MTN Data Share Works… Follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Activate an applicable data plan from the table shown below
Step 2: Dial *131*2*1# or text REG to 131; to register for the MTN Data Share, you’ll receive a unique security PIN
Step 3: You are expected to change the system generated PIN to a new PIN; they can easily remember by dialing *131*2*5# or by texting Change OLD PIN NEW PIN NEW PIN to 131. E.g., Change 0000 1234 to 13:1. Where 0000 is an old PIN & 1234 is your new PIN.
After changing the PIN, you’ll need to add beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data Bundle account through the USSD menu *131*2*3# or by sending the text “Add” to 131. You can add up to 5 recipients.
Immediately you have added beneficiaries (recipients number), you will be able to transfer & share your data bundle among the added beneficiaries by texting the keyword “Share” to 131 or dialing USSD code *131*2*4#
If you have decided to use the MTN data share service, please bear in mind that you can only use the data plans listed below.
Total Bundle (Data Plan + Data Delight) | Amount | Bundle Code | Validity
- 250MB + 125MB = 375MB | N1,300 | *109# | 30 Days
- 500MB + 250MB = 750MB | N2,000 | *110# | 30 Days
- 1GB + 500MB = 1.5GB | N3,500 | *111# | 30 Days
- 3GB + 1.5GB = 4.5GB | N6,500 | *129# | 30 Days
- 5GB + 2.5GB = 7.5GB | N8,000 | *101# | 30 Days
NOTE: Works for postpaid subscribers only!
Finally, there is one more option to transfer/share data with friends on the MTN network, but this does not have anything to do without using USSD code or SMS like the former methods.
It’s simple, kindly follow the steps below to create a wireless connection with your smartphone.
Steps for Creating a Mobile Hotspot
- Open your smartphone Settings menu.
- Tap “More” in the “Wireless & networks” section.
- Tap the “Hotspot and Tethering” menu.
- Tap on the “Mobile Hotspot” option to change your settings accordingly.
- Rename your Mobile Hotspot and password.
- Check on the “Mobile hotspot” box to enable the hotspot.
- Connect to the hotspot on another device.
MTN SME Data Share is a prepaid service that enables business owners to buy data bundles and share them with their staff. This service is specially designed for growing businesses offering them the ability to manage internet usage per team across their business centrally.
To use this service, you are expected to first migrate to the MTN SME Plus tariff plan by texting 460 to 131.
You can share data with any recipient by sending SMS below to 131 as shown in the table below (or dial *461# & follow the prompt):
|SMEA <PhoneNumber> 250 <PIN> to 131||250MB|
|SMEB <PhoneNumber> 500 <PIN> to 131||500MB|
|SMEC <PhoneNumber> 1000 <PIN> to 131||1GB|
|SMED <PhoneNumber> 2000 <PIN> to 131||2GB|
|SMEE <PhoneNumber> 5000 <PIN> to 131||5GB|
Note that you can only share or transfer data in multiples of 250MB, 500MB, 1GB, 2GB or 5GB. Sharing or transfering data in multiples of any other data sizes is not currently allowed.
- SMEA 08031234567 250 1234 = Correct Format!
- SMEA 08031234567 200 1234 = Wrong Format
- SMEB 08031234567 200 1234 = Wrong Format
- SMESHARE 08031234567 200 1234 = Wrong Format
Other Related Searches:
how to unshare data on MTN, how to transfer MB from MTN to MTN, MTN SME data share, MTN data transfer not working, MTN customer care pin for gifting data, how to share data on MTN Nairaland, how to share airtime on MTN, how to transfer MB on MTN, MTN data gifting, how to share n sell MTN data, how to transfer MB on MTN pulse, how to transfer airtime on MTN, how to share data on MTN beta talk, how to transfer data from MTN to MTN 2020
- How to share data bundles on your Glo line
- How to transfer data on your 9mobile (Etisalat)
- How to share data on Airtel line
If this post has been helpful, kindly share it with your friends online.