On smart phones, some apps may not work if you do not turn on Location Services. Apps like Navigation apps cant really be of much help to you if they don’t have access to your location, while some ask for it along the way.
On most occasions, the first time an app needs to access your Location Services information, you will get a notification asking for you to grant permission.
If this happens, choose one of these options:
- Select Allow to let the app use Location Services information as needed
- Select Don’t Allow to prevent access.
How to Turn Location Services on
- Go to Settings and click on ‘Privacy’.
- Click on Location Services and you will be taken to a menu where you can manage your location services.
- Slide the button next to Location Services to the “On” position. You have successfully turned on location services and you will see a list of apps appear.
How to Turn Location Services on for Specific Apps
- Make sure that Location Services is on (check the steps above).
- Scroll through the lists of apps to find the app.
- Click on the app and select an option:
- Never: This option prevents access to Location Services information.
- While Using the App: This option allows access to Location Services only when the app or one of its features is visible on screen. If you set an app to While Using the App, you might see your status bar turn blue with a message that an app is currently using your location.
- Always: This option allows access to your location even when the app is in the background.
Troubleshooting Location Services
Sometimes, when trying to turn on location services the slider may be disabled. This may be because Location Services has been disabled in the “Restrictions” menu. This next section shows what you can do in this case.
- Open Settings app. If you can’t enable Location Services, it may be disabled through the ‘Restriction’ menu. You can make changes to your Restrictions from the Settings menu.
- Click on General.
- Click on Restrictions. If Restrictions are enabled, you’ll be asked to input for your Restrictions Pass-code.
- If you can not remember your Restrictions Pass-code, try inputting 1111 or 0000.
- If you have completely forgotten your Restrictions Pass-code, then you will need to restore your iPhone device through iTunes to reset it. Make sure you backup any important data before restoring.
- Scroll through and click on Location Settings under the ‘Privacy’ section.
- Click on Allow Changes and this will enable you to turn on Location Services.
- Slide the button next to Location Services to the ‘On’ position. You will find this directly below the ‘Allow Changes’ option.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quicknewsng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.