Egg Sauce Recipe – Egg sauce is a very basic sauce made with eggs and tomatoes; it is one of the simplest egg dips to make in under 20 minutes and is sometimes referred to as tomato egg sauce. Egg sauce pairs well with boiled plantain, fried potatoes, and bread; it also spices up certain Nigerian staple foods such as boiled rice, boiled yam, and yam chips. Regardless of how you serve it, this sauce is extremely tasty.
Egg Sauce Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 5 medium plum tomatoes (you can use tin tomato paste).
- a cup of green beans, chopped
- 1 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- a cup of vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Garlic, ginger, and curry to taste
- 1 seasoning stock cube
- Salt to taste
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers, chopped (dried peppers)
Steps on how to make egg sauce
- Tomatoes, green pepper, green beans, and onions should be diced and set aside.
- Heat a cup of vegetable oil in a medium saucepan for 20 seconds.
- Reduce to a medium heat and cook the onions and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Combine the diced tomatoes, green beans, and peppers with the onions by stirring.
- Green peppers should not be added at this point because they are tender; cover the pan and allow the contents to cook for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, mix in green peppers. Still stirring, season the sauce with one seasoning cube, thyme, curry, and ginger.
- Peel and cook yam or potatoes and set aside if you have another source of heat.
- Salt to taste and adjust as necessary; continually stir the sauce to prevent it from burning. Allow 5 minutes for cooking.
- Once all ingredients are well combined and the tomato is cooked, whisk the egg and pour it into the material in a circular motion to ensure even distribution.
- Allow the egg to sit for 2 minutes before stirring; you want the egg to form lumps in the sauce rather than looking mushy and smooth.
- Stir it and break up some of the egg chunks, then remove from heat and serve with your favorite staple food.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.