Facebook Marketplace Option – Facebook Marketplace is a popular platform that allows users to buy and sell products and services through the Facebook social network. Over 800 million individuals use it on a monthly basis.
The Facebook Marketplace service is free to use within Facebook and may be accessed via the following methods:
- Website of Facebook: On the left side of the screen, click the Marketplace option in the main menu.
- Apps for Facebook: To open the secondary menu, tap the icon that looks like three horizontal lines, then tap Marketplace. It’s possible that the link is hidden beneath the See More link if you can’t see it. To see all of the menu options, tap it.
While the two methods described above should usually suffice to locate Facebook Marketplace, it may become unavailable due to a technical fault or a restriction placed on an account. Here’s all you need to know about setting up Marketplace on Facebook.
Reasons Why the FB Marketplace Icon Is Missing
If you’ve opened the Facebook website or app and the Facebook Marketplace icon is not showing, there are a variety of potential causes that might be behind this problem.
- You’re under 18. Facebook Marketplace is only available to Facebook users who are 18 years old or over.
- Your home region isn’t supported. Facebook Marketplace is only available in 50 countries including the United States, Canada, and Australia. If your home address on your Facebook profile is set to a country that isn’t supported, the Facebook Marketplace icon doesn’t appear.
- You’re in an unsupported country. Traveling to a country that isn’t supported by Facebook Marketplace may also cause the option to disappear from the Facebook site and apps.
- Your device isn’t supported. Facebook Marketplace works only on iPhone 5 or later, Android, and iPad devices. It does not work on the iPod touch.
- Your Facebook account is new. Facebook Marketplace has been known to not appear at all to new Facebook users. This is likely done to prevent spammers from creating new accounts and selling fake products soon after having previous accounts banned from the platform.
- It’s hidden in the dynamic menu. The main icon menu within the Facebook apps is dynamic and displays shortcuts to Facebook features that you use the most. If you go a while without using Facebook Marketplace, the icon may disappear. Tap the three-line icon in the main menu to see more Facebook services.
- Your access has been revoked by Facebook. This can happen if you used Marketplace in a way that violates its policies or standards.
How to Get Marketplace on Facebook
There are a couple of things you can do if you don’t see Facebook Marketplace after entering into Facebook.
- Log out of the Facebook website or app and then log back in.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Change your default country to one that is supported by Facebook Marketplace. Go to your Facebook profile, pick About, and then click the + sign to add or alter your current city.
- Every day, make a new Facebook account, comment on others’ postings, and add friends. If Facebook determines that your account is legitimate and not a fake used to sell products, the Marketplace feature may be enabled.
- Go to the Facebook Marketplace website in a web browser. This can be a good fallback option if the link does not appear on the main Facebook website or within the applications.
I Can’t Find the FB Marketplace App
Facebook Marketplace is integrated into the main Facebook app and website, unlike Facebook Local and Facebook Messenger, which have their own apps. If you’re installing apps on a new phone or tablet, all you need is the main Facebook app to access Facebook Marketplace.
For Android and iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad, there is no official Facebook Marketplace app to download.
It’s likely that any standalone Facebook Marketplace app you’ve used was an unauthorized version. Some Facebook users choose to utilize third-party Facebook Marketplace apps, but they aren’t required and often lack the functionality that the official Facebook app does.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.