Glo Data Plan For Android, iOS, Windows, Modem
Whatever appealing a network service provider’s offer looks to be, it is developed with the goal of enhancing corporate profitability. With a new data plan, Glo was able to recruit a huge number of users, only to decrease the data volume months later and publish a new condition.
Prior to the new provision taking effect in April 2017, all Glo users could acquire 1.6 GB of data for as little as 500 pesos. A daily 30 MB plan for $50 was the lowest, and a monthly 45 GB package for $18,000 was the most costly. These are still feasible if the user meets the following REQUIREMENTS:
- All new Glo customers would have access to the prior data volume, now referred to as “double data volume.”
- Customers that renew their subscriptions will get double the data volume.
- Customers who do not renew their subscription within three days of the expiration of their data plan will lose the double data volume, but will receive half the data volume for the same price.
POINTS TO NOTE
DATA BOOST: Dial *777# and select “Buy Extra Data” if you run out of data before your plan expires or simply wish to augment your current data plan. There are two packages available: 300 MB for $200 and 1 GB for $1,000. Customers with a 1 GB or higher plan are eligible for the latter.
The data plan chart above covers both 3G and 4G LTE devices. Customers with 4G LTE phones formerly had two separate data plan packages, but Glo recently combined them into one.
Glo Flexi Plans
The Flexi plan, as the name implies is suitable for customers who require a specific flexibility.
GLO Campus Data Booster
The Glo Campus Data Booster is a popular choice among students since it offers great value for money. Customers who use this service get 10 times the value of their data subscription at NO EXTRA COST whenever they are on campus.
Non-students can also benefit from the offer; all they have to do is be present on campus. Customers will also get free “on-net” conversation time with other Glo users, as well as free data to share with their friends.
The service is available at all campuses around the country, including Customs, Immigration, and Police training institutes.
POINTS TO NOTE – Campus Data Booster
- On campus, a basic data plan will not double; a campus data booster plan is necessary.
- Data can’t be “shared” on campus, but it can be “given.”
- There is no way to roll over unused college data booster subscriptions to the next one.
- Outside of the Campus booster zone, the campus booster plan will operate normally.
Glo Data Plan For Blackberry 10
On December 17, 2016, Glo’s service for Blackberry phones running BB OS 7 and lower was stopped. However, they only used Blackberry 10 and higher devices.
Customers who had data on their BlackBerry OS 7 devices were urged to switch to a BlackBerry 10 or higher device to save their data. All Glo data bundles for BlackBerry OS 7, including the BB Complete, Absolute, and BIS subscriptions, are no longer available.
Glo, like Android, iOS, and Windows, introduced a unified data plan for BlackBerry 10 handsets. This implies that you can use the same data plan for 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE.
The BB 10 plan has several EXCEPTIONS, such as the fact that it cannot be gifted or shared.
The above-mentioned 3-Day Grace Period also applies to the BB 10 plans. Customers who purchase or renew their BB 10 data plan within three days of its expiration or depletion will receive a 100 percent increase in data volume; otherwise, their next data value will be divided in half.
How Do I Check My Glo Data Balance?
Dial *127*0# or SMS “INFO” to 127 to check your Glo data balance across all devices. You’ll get an alert telling you how much data you have left and when your auto-renewal is due.
Glo 4G LTE
4G LTE is Glo’s newest flagship product to its clients (Long Term Evolution). It is the world’s most advanced wireless data technology, following 3G. Thanks to the ultrafast internet speed, users of 4G LTE may download 1 GB of data in minutes and a 3 MB music file in seconds.
To become a user of this cutting-edge technology, follow the steps below:
- Purchase a new Glo LTE sim card at any Gloworld location near you. You can also swap your current Glo sim if you are currently a Glo client.
- Purchase a smartphone with 4G capabilities. The iPhone SE and higher iPhones, BlackBerry DTEK 50, BlackBerry Priv STV100-4, HTC One M9+, Microsoft Lumia 950, Samsung Galaxy S7 (including Duos and Edge), Alcatel One Touch Pop 4 LTE, and other smartphones presently support the network.
- SMS 4G to 400 to see if your current device supports Glo 4G LTE.
- Check to see if your current location has LTE service.
- Glo 4G LTE is now accessible in Lagos, Ogun, Rivers State, Delta, Edo, Eket, Kaduna, Adamawa (ABTI University), and other parts of Nigeria. Glo is aiming to expand the coverage area.
How To Borrow Data From Glo For Android
Are you out of data, broke, and desperate to connect to the internet? When a customer’s data bundle runs out, they can use the Glo Borrow Me Data Service to request (borrow) more data.
You’ll be charged a 15% transaction fee on your next recharge. If you purchased 500MB of data, for example, your next recharge will cost $575. The deduction is made 3 days/72 hours after you activate the Borrow Me Data service.
To use the service, customers must have been a Glo subscriber for at least 5 months.
Customers can pay for the service with airtime received through the ME2U service.
How To Share Your Glo Data With Friends & Family
Glo Share Data service allows customers to share a single data plan with family and friends.
- First, dial *127*01*[friend’s number]# or SMS “Share [friend’s number]” to 127 to add/register friends to your Share account.
- Those with whom you share data will receive an SMS notification and will be automatically connected to the internet.
- Dial *127*02*[friend’s number]# or SMS “Remove [friend’s number]” to 127 to remove a number from your sharing list.
- Dial *127*00# or text “List” to 127 to get a list of who you’re sharing your info with.
How To Gift Data To Friends & Family
The Glo “Gift” service allows you to buy a data bundle and gift them to loved ones. Customers who do not want to “share” their data often opt for this service.
Dial *127*[USSD_Plan_Number]*[friend’s number]#. For example, if you want to gift friend the daily 15 MB data which goes for ₦50, dial 127*12714*0805XXXXXXX# OR
SMS Gift “Friends Number” to 127.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.