How To Change The IMEI Number Of Android Phone – An IMEI number (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity) is a set of numbers that is used to identify the device that connects to the network. Each device’s IMEI will be unique. This article will show you how to alter the IMEI number on an Android phone.
Uses of IMEI Number
The IMEI number can be used for a variety of purposes:
- As the number of people using mobile devices grows, so does the number of stolen and lost gadgets. If users know their IMEI number, they can prohibit stolen or lost devices from being used again. All customers need to do is notify their network carrier that their device has been stolen or lost. The carrier has the option of prohibiting the gadget from operating on their network and informing other carriers.
- The 15-digit IMEI number identifies the device’s manufacturer and model. The device’s origin and model are indicated by the first eight digits, while the device’s manufacturer is identified by the last six digits.
- You can use the IMEI number to trace the smartphone even if it has a different SIM card if you subscribe to a mobile tracking service.
Because its major purpose is to identify a mobile device no matter where it is, many people are concerned that hidden groups are keeping an eye on them.
Many people assume that if you alter your IMEI Android number, no one will be able to track you.
Read also: TECNO MOBILE SECRET CODES
Reasons to change the IMEI number
Changing the IMEI on an Android device, like many other things, has benefits and drawbacks. Here are a few examples:
- Untraceable your Android device. By changing your IMEI on a regular basis, you will confuse stalkers who use it to track you!
- Any IMEI-related difficulties, such as missing or invalid IMEI numbers, should be resolved. Your Android device will have the same perks and functionality if you change your IMEI.
- Obtaining a fresh device ID from scratch.
- Because your Android device is an older model, it may not be able to receive the most recent OS upgrades. By resetting, repairing, and updating your Android smartphone, you will be able to experience new OS updates by changing the IMEI number to one that signals it is a newer model.
- Have you ever wished for that low-cost BlackBerry plan that your network provider keeps touting? The 15-digit IMEI code identifies your device’s manufacturer and model. As a result, you will be able to subscribe to a cheaper mobile plan by altering your Android’s IMEI number to that of a BlackBerry.
- It is unlawful in some countries to check if it is legal in yours. It is lawful in Africa and Asia, but banned in Europe, as far as we know.
- Your device’s IMEI number is hardcoded into it. As a result, changing the values may cause damage to your device.
- You have legally relinquished possession of your mobile device. The original IMEI number will be written on your receipt by the seller when you buy your gadget. You may not be able to lodge a claim if you change your IMEI and lose it. Authorities are unable to determine whether it is genuinely yours because the IMEI numbers no longer match.
NOTE: Making any modifications to a device’s IMEI number, or owning any equipment to do so, is a criminal violation in the United Kingdom, according to the Mobile Telephones Act. If you live in the United Kingdom, don’t change your IMEI number.
How to Change the IMEI Number of Android Phone WITHOUT ROOT (MTK Chipset)
- Download Mobile Uncle App.
- Now, Open the app.
- Now, select Engineer Mode > Engineer Mode (MTK).
- Scroll Down & click on CDS Information
- Select Radio Information.
- Two options will be there, ”Select Phone 2”
- You will get an option like AT+
- Now, enter AT+ <15 digit new IMEI> (for eg- AT+ 123456789012345 )
- Select SEND AT COMMAND
- Restart your Device and you will get your new IMEI for your android device.
How to Change the IMEI Number of Android Phone [ROOTED ANDROID PHONE]
This method is for ROOTED devices. You can easily change the IMEI number of your Android Phone.
Requirements To Change the IMEI Number of Android Phone [ROOTED DEVICE]
- Xposed must be installed on your rooted Android device.
- IMEI Changer is an app that allows you to change your phone’s IMEI number.
- From the Google Play Store, get IMEI Changer.
- Connection to the Internet (recommended).
Change the IMEI Number of Android Phone
- To acquire your true IMEI number, first dial *#06# on your phone.
- Now write down your IMEI number on a piece of paper or somewhere else for future reference.
- Go to Xposed> Modules now.
- Select IMEI Changer Apk as a Module.
- Restart your computer or device.
- You’ll see your previous IMEI number as well as your current IMEI number after restarting.
- In the NEW IMEI NUMBER box, type the new IMEI number.
- Now press the Apply button.
- To set this new IMEI, restart your Android phone.
- Now double-check your IMEI and you should have your new IMEI original.
Caution: Please do not use this guide for any illegal intentions; it is only meant to be instructive.
Conclusion: That is the simplest method for changing the IMEI of an Android handset. If you have any problems, please leave a remark or contact us.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.