How to transfer airtime on MTN: a comprehensive guide (2021).
Do you want to learn how to transfer MTN airtime? There are several simple ways to share your MTN airtime credit with any MTN phone number. Mobile users can effortlessly share their credit by entering a single code and completing the process in seconds. Follow our step-by-step instructions to learn how to utilize this service without difficulty.
Airtime credit is the money you pay to your service providers in order to use their services, such as making phone calls and surfing the internet.
Almost all Nigerian telephone network service providers include capabilities that allow users to transfer airtime credits to other subscribers. You can transfer MTN airtime to another MTN phone number for any reason. You can do it for a monetary reward or simply to give what you have with others.
How to transfer airtime on MTN
This is the same service as MTN Share. So, in case this service provider’s consumers are confused, the MTN Share service is identical to the airtime transfer service in terms of processes.
This service is available to all MTN users. However, there are some service rules that you should be aware of. There are also some terms and limitations that postpaid consumers should be aware of before using this service.
The following are the main guidelines:
- Only Naira-denominated amounts can be transferred. Because Kobo transactions aren’t accepted, your credit should read 50.00 Naira instead of 50.29 Naira.
- It is possible to transmit anywhere between 50 and 5,000 Naira in a single transaction.
- The maximum daily transfer amount is N100,000. You can send this amount to one MTN phone number or many MTN phone numbers each day.
- You can make as many airtime transfers as you desire each day. Only keep in mind that your total daily transfer amount cannot exceed N100,000.
- On the network, postpaid users can only transfer airtime if their postpaid account balance is positive, not negative. For example, if you have -N500.00 on your postpaid account, you won’t be able to transfer credit.
- You cannot transfer an airtime credit amount greater than the credit balance on your phone line if you are a prepaid subscriber of the mobile service provider. This implies you’ll need enough airtime credit on your phone to cover the amount you’re sending to another client.
The service uses PIN codes that are specifically selected to ensure that only the owner of the phone number can transfer his or her credit. This also protects the sender’s phone number from being used to transfer airtime credits to others without his or her permission.
A personal identity number (PIN) option is available for MTN Share. The default PIN number for all MTN customers is 0000.
This default PIN code makes it hard to share money. Before transferring credit, anyone who wants to take use of the service must alter their MTN transfer code.
It is possible to use your own airtime credit to reload anyone’s MTN account at any time. However, you must first change the default PIN to generate a personal identification number.
How to change MTN airtime transfer code
- Consider your new PIN code. Instead of 1234 or 5678, your new four-digit number should be difficult.
- Let’s assume you choose 5894 as your PIN number (remember, it’s your idea, so make anything up). Send a text message in the following format: Your new personal identifier number will be followed by the default PIN. Send the new number to 777 by typing it twice. 0000 5894 5894, for example, is a sample of a message.
- You’d get an SMS answer almost quickly stating that the PIN change was accomplished.
- You can also change your personal identifying number using a different way. Dial *777*0000*5894*5894# (where four zeros represent the original code and 5894 represents your new PIN) and then press ‘OK’ to finish.
See also: MTN Zone Code 2021
There are different methods you can use If you want to learn how to share airtime on MTN. And all the methods are listed below.
How to transfer MTN airtime
There are different methods to use when it comes to sharing credit from one MTN telephone line with another.
Method 1: Transfer by SMS
- Send a text message using the short message service to your service provider through 777.
- Send the word ‘Transfer’ followed by the phone number of the person who will receive your credit, followed by the credit amount you wish to send, and your PIN code to 777.
- Let’s say you want to send 1,000 Naira to MTN phone 08035555555 and your PIN is 5894. Type in this message on your device: Transfer 08035555555 1000 5894. Now, just send it to number 777.
- Once the text message is sent, you will get a confirmation request from the network provider. The word ‘YES’ must be sent to the same number 777 to complete this operation.
Method 2: Transfer by USSD
- This method is really simple. All you have to do is dial *777* followed by the phone number of the recipient, the amount you want to send, your PIN and the # symbol.
- Once again, if you are planning to transfer 1,000 Naira to MTN phone line with the number 08035555555 and your PIN is 5894, you need to dial *777*08035555555*1000*5894#. Click the send or OK icon on your device after dialing the code.
This is a fantastic offer; everyone will appreciate the ease with which MTN airtime may be transferred. It’s also worth noting that users of ‘BetaTalk’ and ‘Yanfun Yafun’ aren’t allowed to exchange airtime, and bonus airtime cannot be transferred.
How to reset MTN transfer PIN
You may not be able to alter your MTN transfer PIN on your device on your own if you forget it. The method is simple; simply contact MTN customer care number 180, and an employee will speak with you and walk you through the steps of recovering your lost PIN code. If you wish to change your PIN, the procedure is different, but you can still remember your current PIN. You can use either SMS or the USSD code to accomplish this.
To use the SMS method, type and send your current PIN code, followed by your new PIN code typed twice, then # to 777 on your mobile. For example, if your existing personal identification number is 1000 and you wish to change it to 5894, the SMS you send to 777 should contain the following text: 1000 5894 5894#.
You must dial *777* your existing PIN* your new PIN* your new PIN# to use the USSD method, then submit the code. If your existing personal identification number is 1000 and you wish to change your PIN to 5894, your USSD code should be *777*1000*5894*5894#.
If you’ve been looking for information on how to transfer airtime from MTN to MTN, this tutorial has all you need to know. Simply utilize the popular MTN Share option to swiftly give your credit to individuals you care about.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.