The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is a new addition to the 2019 Samsung flagship series. Samsung redefines the display of its flagship smartphones with this premium smartphone.
Also included are new killer features such as a punch-hole design, an in-display fingerprint sensor, reverse wireless charging and a five-camera configuration with dual selfie cams. It is the first Samsung Galaxy flagship phone to feature dual selfie cameras.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Key Specs & Features
- 6.4-inch, Dynamic AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1440 X 3040 pixels (522 ppi)
- Always On Display, HDR10+
- Android 9.0 (Pie), One UI with 12GB RAM
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (USA, China, Latin America), Octa-core Exynos 9820 (EMEA)
- 128GB / 512GB / 1TB built-in storage and support memory card up to 512GB
- 12MP + 12MP + 16MP tri rear camera and 10MP + 8MP front camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint sensor (under Display)
- Fast Wireless Charging
- Water and Dust Proof (IP68 certification)
- 4,100mAh non removable Li-ion battery
Design and Display
Because of the two selfie camera sensors on the top right, the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus establishes an enhanced version of the Infinity-O design. Rather than being in the shape of an O like the Galaxy S10, the cutout is in the shape of a pill. Regardless, it’s still referred to as the Infinity-O display.
The lowered top and bottom bezels show how this new design affects the phone’s appearance. The smartphone’s physical buttons are located on the right and left sides. The power button is on the right, while the volume buttons and Bixby button are on the left.
To some extent, Samsung’s decision to include the Bixby button is debatable. Because the AI (Bixby) may be activated using voice commands, a specific button appears to be unnecessary.
The Bixby button has been confused for the volume controller on a few instances. In certain circumstances, attempting to lower the volume may result in Bixby being prompted. A bit extra attention, on the other hand, should help to prevent such incidents.
You won’t have to slide your index finger to the rear to unlock the phone; instead, you’ll only need to position your thumb on the lower third of the screen. The ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensor has this advantage.
One of the first smartphones with an HDR10+ display is the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. Although flagship phones support HDR10, top smart TVs support HDR10+. A 6.4-inch Dynamic AMOLED touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels supports this functionality.
Furthermore, the display takes on a curved appearance for added attractiveness. Not only does the phone’s display have Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, but it also has Gorilla Glass 5 on the back.
When it comes to the big guns with the greatest cameras, the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is a no-brainer. This smartphone has a total of five fantastic cameras: two on the front and three on the rear.
Starting at the front, 10MP and 8MP cameras are tasked with taking mind-blowing selfies. The 8MP sensor infuses depth information for clever bokehs, while the 10MP sensor handles ordinary photography. Due to the lack of an iris scanner, the selfie cameras here provide Face identification through smartphone.
In the back, three cameras are positioned horizontally in the same way they are on the S10. The 12MP primary sensor with selectable apertures of f/1.5 and f/2.4 is the main shooter in this bundle.
Next to it is a telephoto camera with a 12MP lens and 2x optical zoom, which can be used to affect portrait shots. The 16MP ultra-wide sensor brings the ultra-wide lens to the Samsung Galaxy premium series for the first time.
Battery and Wireless Powershare
As evidenced by the 4,100mAh battery, this lineup’s power sector has undergone a complete transformation. It has a battery capacity that exceeds the 3000 mAh battery seen in Samsung Galaxy S phones. I’m also delighted to inform you that charging time is inversely proportionate to battery capacity. To put it another way, the phone charges at a rapid rate thanks to the Fast Charging Technology 15W.
Wireless Charging technology in the smartphone eliminates the need to carry USB-C cords all the time. The phone charges at the same rate when charged wirelessly as when charged using a USB charger.
If your friend’s iPhone XS Max’s battery is low and your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus’s battery is over 30%, you can charge the iPhone XS Max wirelessly with your S10 Plus. Wireless Powershare is the name of the feature. Once the Galaxy smartphone’s functionality is enabled, the second smartphone is placed on top of it and charging begins.
Hardware and Software
If you live in the United States, China, or Latin America, your Galaxy S10 Plus is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, a 7nm chipset. The powerful SoC includes an Adreno 640 GPU and an octa-core CPU with speeds ranging from 1.7GHz to 2.8GHz.
Exynos 9820 SoC with octa-core 2.7GHz CPU and Mali-G76 MP12 GPU will be available in European, Middle Eastern, and African regions.
In terms of performance, both chipsets provide the option of 8GB or 12GB RAM. In addition, there are three options in the ROM department. There are three sizes available: 128GB, 512GB, and 1TB.
Fortunately, a 512GB memory card may be used to expand the storage capacity. Samsung’s One UI skin polishes the device’s Android 9.0 Pie operating system.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus price in Nigeria starts at around ₦280,000. You can purchase the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus in online stores in Nigeria such as Jumia and Konga. The phone can also be bought in offline stores like Slot Nigeria.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus:
- Platform: Android 9 (Pie), One UI, Samsung DeX
- Processor: Octa Core Processor, 2×2.7 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.3 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.9 GHz Cortex-A55 (Exynos 9820 Octa) Or Octa Core Processor, 1×2.8 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.4 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 485 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 855)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12 or Adreno 640
- Memory: 8GB or 12GB RAM
- Colours: Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink, Ceramic Black, Ceramic White
- Dimension: 157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 175g / 198g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Hybrid Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3040 pixels, 522 ppi, Always-On Display, HDR10+
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12MP (wide) + 12MP (Telephoto) + 16MP (ultrawide) Tri-Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Auto-HDR, Panorama, Autofocus (Telephoto), 2x Optical Zoom (Telephoto), f/2.4 (Telephoto), OIS (wide & Telephoto), f/1.5-2.4 (wide), Dual Pixel PDAF (wide), 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, video HDR, Dual-Video Recording
- Front Camera: 10MP Camera (f/1.9, wide) + 8 MP, f/2.2 wide
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 512GB or 1TB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900 MHz (optional)
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, optional
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100) – Global; 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 46, 66(1700/2100), 71(600) – USA
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes, Optional
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes USB-C 3.1
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (optional)
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos/AKG Sound
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: Yes
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Bixby
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, Qi Wireless 15W
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes, Samsung Pay
- Water Resistant: Yes (1.5m of water in 30 minutes)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4,100mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
- Talktime: –
- Wireless Powershare: Yes, 9W
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast Charge 15W
Related: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Specs, Price, and Best Deals
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quicknewsng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.