You can choose to either appoint a legacy contact to look after your memorialized account or have your account permanently deleted from Facebook.
If you don’t choose to have your account permanently deleted, it will be memorialized if we become aware of your passing.
We strongly suggest setting a legacy contact so your account can be managed once it’s memorialized. Learn more about legacy contacts and what they can do.
Memorialized accounts are a place for friends and family to gather and share memories after a person has passed away. Memorialized accounts have the following key features:
- The word Remembering will be shown next to the person’s name on their profile
- Depending on the privacy settings of the account, friends can share memories on the memorialized timeline
- Content the person shared (example: photos, posts) stays on Facebook and is visible to the audience it was shared with
- Memorialized profiles don’t appear in public spaces such as in suggestions for People You May Know, ads or birthday reminders
- No one can log into a memorialized account
- Memorialized accounts that don’t have a legacy contact can’t be changed
- Pages with a sole admin whose account was memorialized will be removed from Facebook if we receive a valid request
Deleting Your Account
You can choose to have your account permanently deleted should you pass away. To do this:
- From the top right of Facebook, click the downward pointing and select Settings
- From the left menu, click General
- Click Manage Account
- Click Request account deletion and follow the on-screen instructions
For Friends and Family
If you’d like to create an additional place for people on Facebook to share memories of your loved one, we suggest creating a group.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.