On Facebook by default any user who is able to see your profile can also view your friend list and with Facebook privacy being talked about in the news so frequently this days, many users are hiding their Facebook friend lists from the public so as to to protect the privacy of the people on the list. Many users are even going so far as hiding the list from their friends!
If your account is set to public on Facebook, then your details are available for everybody to see. If you are concerned about privacy, you may want to consider changing your settings. To secure your friend list from being viewed by other users, you could change your privacy options. Follow these steps described below to get the job done:
How to Hide Friends list
- Go to Facebook.com on your preferred browser.
- On the welcome screen, log in with your details.
- After successfully logging in, click on your Name next to the home button.
- When your accounts timeline profile opens up, click on the ‘Friends’ button below the cover photo.
- When Friends page opens up, click on the ‘Manage’ button at the right side that has a small pencil symbol by it.
- On the drop-down that appears, click on Edit Privacy.
- When the Edit Privacy window opens up, Tap on ‘Only Me’ from the drop down list representing the ‘Who can see my friend list’ option.
- Once done, click the Close button to save the changes and to close the opened box.
Now your friend list will be visible to only you. Your friends will be able to see friends you have in common, that is the people who are added in your and their friend list but they won’t be able to see your full list of friends.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quicknewsng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.