There are a bunch of reasons why a person will choose to delete their Facebook account. It could be that you are concerned about your online privacy or maybe you’re just getting tired of constant status updates from old school friends that aren’t actually that cool, well its a good thing that deleting your Facebook account is not as hard as you might think.
Deleting your Facebook account is a serious and irreversible decision, so make sure it is something you actually want to do. Social media is deeply ingrained in society, and your profile on Facebook can affect friendships, job prospects, and social opportunities. Plus, you may miss out on some of it’s usefulness for other things, such as keeping up with friends from abroad and organizing events.
How to Delete my Facebook Page
Before deleting your account,you may want to download your Facebook data. follow the steps below to do this;
- Click on the account menu down arrow at the top right of any Facebook page in the web browser or go to settings on your smartphone.
- Click on ‘Download a copy of your Facebook data’ at the bottom of the General Account Settings
- Select ‘Start My Archive’
A file will begin downloading and it will contain your Facebook profile information, so be very careful and keep it in a safe place
Finding the link to delete your account usually seems impossible. An easy way to discover it,is by clicking on the help menu and then searching for “delete account”.
In the answer, there is a link called “let us know”. Click on this link and you will get redirected you to a page where you can finally delete your account. Now all you must do is click on “delete my account”, enter your password and submit captcha and its done.
You could also follow these steps to delete your account;
To permanently delete your account:
- Click on at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on ‘Your Facebook Information’ in the top column.
- Click on ‘Delete Your Account and Information’, then click ‘Delete My Account’.
- Input your password, and then click on ‘Continue’ and then click ‘Delete Account’.
Note that If you delete your account:
- Facebook delays the deletion for a few days after the request is made. If you log in during the grace period, the deletion will be cancelled
- You can’t regain access to your Facebook account once it is deleted
- It can take up to 90 days for your data that is stored in backup systems to be deleted. However, your info is not accessible on Facebook during this time
- Some things are not stored in your account, like messages that you have sent to friends and these will remain active
- Copies of some materials like log records may remain in Facebook’s database, but are ‘disassociated from personal identifiers,’ according to the company
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.