How to Turn Off Facebook Memories – Facebook has the memory feature that reminds users of certain Facebook events or memories they may like to look back on. This could range from birthday party event, wedding, any kind of get together with friends and all of that. But sometimes, there are certain events we do not wish Facebook reminds us, they tend to cause us sadness or remind us of ugly moments in the past.
In such case, you may want to turn off memories for such events, and that is where you will find this guide on how to turn off Facebook memories quite helpful. You can turn off memories for events, you can also do this for events with specific people or particular days or dates.
How to Turn Off Facebook Memories
1. Login your Facebook account and look at the options at the left column of your Facebook account home page. From the number of options and features, you will see “On This Day”, just click on it.
2. Now that you have clicked “On this Day”, take a look at the top-right portion of the screen to see notification button. Click on it and select “None”. This will turn off this function completely. To see just fewer memories, click on “Highlight” instead.
3. Possibly, you may want to see more memories again, just follow the guide to return to the settings and then select “All Memories”
How to Turn Off Facebook Memories Involving Certain People Or Dates
Sometimes Facebook reminds you events that involves certain people and such events that occurred on a particular dates, and these are the things you no longer want to see or be reminded about them, then you can use the following guide to turn off such memories;
1. Login your Facebook account and go to “On This Day” like you did in the steps above.
2. While on the On This Day screen, just click on “Preferences”, this is at the top-right portion of the screen. This action takes you to see other options;
3. Select “People” if you do not want Facebook to show you memories that involve other people, and this can be people whom you are not friends with on Facebook. Once you select this, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the action.
4. Select “Dates” if you would want to turn off events for particular day or dates. Once you select Dates, go ahead and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the action.
You can Remove Certain Memories Completely
If there is a particular memory you do not like and would want to remove completely, you can do so by;
1. Going to the “On This Day” just as usual.
2. Scroll down until you find the memory you so wish to remove.
3. At the upper right corner of the post is the three-dot icon, click on it, and from the drop-down menu options, select “Delete”. This action will have the post deleted from your account completely.
4. You can use the alternative method by going to your Facebook profile, click on “View Activity Log”. Then find the post you want to remove, click the “Pencil icon” to hide it from your Facebook timeline, or delete it completely.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.