Are you getting tired of the drama on Facebook? Want to get away for a while? This post will guide you on how to do so.
There are many means of addressing/approaching the issue of getting a break from Facebook if need be. Be rest assured, all the means give effective results… they only have different implications.
Implications of Deleting
- The deletion is delayed for a few days after the request is made. If you log in during this period, the deletion is canceled.
- It takes 90 days for all data on your account to be complete to be deleted. Note however that your information will not be accessible on Facebook during this time.
- Some things not stored in your account, like messages that you’ve sent to friends will remain active.
Implications of Deactivating
- You have the privilege of reactivating your account whenever you want.
- Other Facebook users are disabled from seeing your Facebook Timeline or searching for you.
- Some information such as messages you’ve sent may remain visible.
- Facebook saves your account information in case you reactivate.
Now that the implications of deleting and deactivating have been cleared up, let’s look at how to initiate these actions.
- Click the account menu down arrow at the top right of any Facebook page in your web browser.
- Click Download a copy of your Facebook data at the bottom of your “General Account Settings”.
- Click Start My Archive.
The file that begins downloading will contain your Facebook profile information, so be very careful about where you keep it.
How to Delete a Facebook Account
- Go to the Facebook deletion page by visiting this link.
- Enter your login details i.e. your email or phone number and your password.
A new window will pop up with a warning message. This window also has the Delete my account and Cancel option buttons.
- Click the Delete my account button.
- Enter your login details again in the panels provided on the window that pops up.
Another window will pop up prompting you to enter your Facebook password and the displayed Captcha code.
- Enter your password and the Captcha code correctly.
If you incorrectly entered your password or Captcha code, you’ll be asked to try again.
- Click OK.
You’ll get a warning message on a new pop-up window telling you that your account has been deactivated from the site and will be permanently deleted within 14 days. Note that if you log into your account within this 14 day period, you’ll have the option of cancelling your deletion request.
- Click the OK button below the warning message.
And that’s that for the deletion process. On to the deactivation process.
How to Deactivate a Facebook Account
- Login to your account.
- Click the menu bar which appears on the top right corner (iOS devices) or bottom right corner (Android devices) of every page.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and click Deactivate your account.
At this point, you’ll be asked if you’re sure you want to deactivate your account. Then you’ll be asked to select a reason for wanting to deactivate your account. Possible reasons will be presented to you to choose from.
- Choose your reason.
- Afterwards, you’ll be asked if you want to opt out of receiving emails from Facebook. Confirm and Cancel options are present here.
- Select the option which suits your needs
- Click Confirm finally to deactivate your account.
Reactivating a Deactivated Facebook Account
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.