Do you know the difference between deleting your Facebook account temporarily or permanently? Fore-mostly, it will help make a distinction between those two processes. Understand that deactivation entails DELETING IT TEMPORARILY while permanent erasure entails DELETING IT PERMANENTLY.
Deleting your Facebook account temporarily will lead to a temporary deactivation of your account, your account and timeline becoming invisible, though information and messages from your end might remain in view.
Deleting your account will lead to permanent erasure of your account. It will also lead to an inability to access your account, there is some delay in deletion for up to ninety days. Some related information may still be available like messages, and log records.
- On Your Facebook Application
- Click on the menu button at the top right hand of your Facebook page.
- On the pop-up screen, scroll down to “Account settings”
- On the pop-up screen, click on “General”
- On the pop-up screen, tap on “Manage Account”
- On the pop-up screen, tap on “Deactivate” at the right-hand corner.
- Enter your password on the screen that pops up and tap on “Continue”.
- On the next page, you will be asked if you are sure of the decision to deactivate and to give reasons why you want to deactivate.
After you have provided the necessary information, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on “Deactivate” to deactivate your account.
You will once again be asked if you want to deactivate your Facebook account, tap on the “Deactivate” button to deactivate your Facebook account.
On Your Browser
- Log in to your Facebook account details.
- Click the account menu at the top right of your Facebook page.
- On the drop-down menu, select the “Settings” option.
- The screen that pops up shows your General Account settings, click on “Manage Account”
- On the screen that drops down under Manage Account, scroll down to “Deactivate your Account”
- At the bottom of the page, click on the “Deactivate your account” link.
- A new page will be open, where you need to enter your password.
- After entering your password, click on the “Continue” button.
- You’ll be directed to a new page, where you need to tell the reason behind your deactivation.
- After you’ve provided the needed information, click on the ‘Deactivate’ button for deactivation.
- Facebook will once again ask you to confirm your decision to deactivate the Facebook account. Click on the “Deactivate Now“ button to immediately deactivate your Facebook account.