Facebook Marketplace essentially functions as an online classifieds service and gives users the ability to sell and buy items directly from within the Facebook website and apps. Due to a large number of people who use Facebook globally. Facebook Marketplace can be an effective method for selling products as listings have the potential to reach a much larger user base than similar services.
How Does Facebook Marketplace Work?
Facebook Marketplace doesn’t process any transactions at all, Unlike the Facebook Shop feature which acts only as an online storefront. But Instead, Facebook Marketplace matches a user who’s interested in buying a product from a seller. The two parties then negotiate a payment method and location for making the trade.
Note that: Facebook Marketplace is primarily used for selling products locally to buyers who are within the same city or town.
If you want to have an idea of selling a product on Facebook Marketplace typically follows the pattern below:
- The sellers will create a free product listing on Facebook Marketplace with a photo of the product, a detailed description, and a suggested price.
- The potential buyer then sees the listing and clicks on the Ask for Details button. This initiates a conversation between the two via Facebook Messenger.
- The seller and buyer negotiate a payment method and location for picking up the item.
- The buyer and seller meet in person and exchange the product or service for the payment.
Note that: Accepted payment methods vary depending on the seller. Also, some Facebook Marketplace sellers may prefer cash in hand or a direct deposit. While others may ask for payment via a peer-to-peer payment app or in a cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin or Ripple.
How to Get Facebook Marketplace
You can’t add Facebook Marketplace to Facebook as the service is already integrated into the social network by default. You will simply have to locate Facebook Marketplace within the iOS and Android apps or on the Facebook website.
- On the Facebook website platform, which can be accessed from within any internet browser from Microsoft Edge to Brave, the link to Facebook Marketplace will appear at the main menu located on the left side of the screen.
- You may see the occasional Facebook Marketplace ad unit also while browsing the Facebook website platform. These are used to advertise product listings and can be clicked on to navigate to the products being promoted.
- On these Facebook applications, the link to Facebook Marketplace will appear frequently as an icon that looks like a shop located along the bottom of the iOS app or found across the top of the Android app. It is important to know that; While Facebook Marketplace will appear within the iOS Facebook app on an iPhone and iPad, the feature is not supported on iPod touch and will be completely absent from the menu once the app is opened.
- A link to Facebook Marketplace can also be found within the iOS and Android apps by tapping on the menu icon from the top or bottom menu and then tapping on See More.
Is There a Facebook Marketplace App?
No. However, a variety of unofficial third-party Facebook Marketplace apps that claim to enhance the buying and selling experience but these are not needed.
What Can You Sell on Facebook Marketplace?
Items such as Blu-ray disks, furniture, collectibles, toys, and even cars can be sold on Facebook Marketplace almost every day. The Sellers can also list certain services like cleaning, electrical, plumbing, lawn, and massage sessions though those wishing to offer photography, event, fitness, personal care, and photography are required to do so through a Facebook Page and not a personal profile.
What Items Aren’t Allowed On Facebook Marketplace?
The Facebook Marketplace does not allow the listing of healthcare products and animals. Also, Users are forbidden from posting “wanted” or “looking for” listings.
How to Search Marketplace on Facebook.
There are five various methods used for searching products and services to buy on Facebook Marketplace.
1. Browse featured listings:
When you are loading the Facebook Marketplace in a web browser or any of the official Facebook apps, you will be welcomed with a screen showcasing a variety of featured items for sale. Click on any of these items to go directly to their listing. You can also click See All next to its category name to see similar items.
2. Search Facebook Marketplace:
You will find a search bar located at the top of the main Facebook Marketplace screen, which you can use to search for items and services in all categories.
3. Explore Facebook groups:
If you tap on the Groups found in the top left menu of the Facebook Marketplace website, it takes you to a list of Facebook groups dedicated to buying and selling items. Joining these groups is a great way to stay up-to-date on new listings by sellers in your city or state.
4. Do a detailed Facebook Marketplace search:
In the middle of the menu on the left side of the screen are text fields for price and Location. Type in or input your custom preferences into these fields to automatically filter the showcased listings to match.
5. Browse Facebook Marketplace Categories:
The lower-left menu contains a section called Categories. Click any of the links under this header to see categories and sub-categories. For example, clicking Electronics will load a variety of related listings to the right of the menu and reveal the Mobile Phones and Electronics & Computers sub-categories on the left menu.
How to Buy From Facebook Marketplace.
When you want to buy items on Facebook Marketplace is a little different than purchasing an item on a regular online store like Amazon or AliExpress. These website platform doesn’t support online payments or automatic shipping. It instead requires you to communicate with the seller directly.
Step 1. When you find something you want to buy on the Facebook Marketplace, tap on it to expand its listing.
Step 2. Check for the cost of the product or service to make sure it’s within your price range. The price is in green text to the right of the main image.
Step 3. Check for the seller’s location by looking for the city and state name on the listing or the embedded map. Important: In most cases, you’ll need to meet the seller in person in their home city to pick up the item.
Step 4. Select Ask for Details. Now you can communicate with the seller via Facebook Messenger. Then you can discuss your preferred payment method and a time and place to meet.
Facebook Marketplace Buying Tips.
Facebook Marketplace is a place to buy things at a very lower price than in stores, but there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Check the seller’s reputation on Facebook Marketplace. The Buyers can also rate their experiences with sellers, and these ratings are being displayed under their names in future product listings.
Tip: If you need to pick up larger items, such as furniture, from a seller’s house, ask a friend to go with you. If they are delivering the items to your place of residence, ask a friend or family member to stay and meet the seller with you.
Also, personally inspect the product before paying for it. If it’s defective, you’re free to walk away. Make sure second-hand electronics still have manufacturer support.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other contents on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.