Instagram Won’t Let Me Log In Problem: 5 Ways to Fix It
1. Restart Your Appliance: If Instagram fails to work properly, the first thing you can do is restart your computer.
Yeah, sometimes it sounds cliche, but it’s important to remember that if your computer has been running for too long and there are a lot of processes running in the background, then there’s a risk that you don’t have enough machine resources to properly run the Instagram app.
Restarting your phone in this situation will free up machine resources on your computer to ensure that you have enough to work properly with the Instagram app.
The steps below will show you how to restart on all devices running Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad).
How to reboot an Android system- Instagram Won’t Let Me Log In
- Locate the Power button on your device, and then press and hold it until the Power Options menu appears on the screen.
- Now, press the Restart button and wait for the screen of your computer to turn off completely.
- Finally, wait for your computer to boot up fully. It will take several seconds for this to be done.
Open the Instagram app after your computer has completely restarted and try logging in to your account to verify that the authentication problem on the app is resolved.
How to reset an iPhone or iPad.
- Now, press the Power button and hold down until the option “Slide to Power Off” appears on your phone.
- Release the Power button next. Then hold and drag the slider to the right until the screen turns black on your iPhone or iPad.
- Wait at least ten seconds after turning your computer off, then press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears on the phone.
- Finally, wait for your computer to boot up completely and try to log in to your account to check if the problem is resolved on Instagram.
But if, after restarting your computer, you still can’t access your Instagram account. Below, you may proceed to the next method.
- How to login from anywhere on your Facebook Company Profile
- How to Login to Instagram When You Forgot your Password
2. Instagram Servers Search.
If your Instagram app is not running properly or if you are unable to access your account, then it is worth testing if the servers of Instagram are operating correctly.
It is likely that the outage on their servers could cause your Instagram account to have login problems.
Instagram does not, however, have a dedicated page on its website that gives out their servers’ status. Therefore, to verify the status of Instagram’s servers, you would have to use a third-party database monitoring website like Downdetector.
Downdetector is a fantastic service that offers free, real-time Instagram server information and shows any issues the app has experienced over the past 24 hours.
We like the fact that it also shows users the topmost recorded issues as well. So if you see that ‘Login problems’ or something in a similar vein is one of the top recorded issues, then chances are that the login problem is widespread.
3. Your Internet Connection.
Bad internet connectivity may be a product of trouble accessing your account. If the Instagram app does not have access to a secure network, Instagram’s servers would not be able to communicate properly.
What you should do is try to restart your web router to ensure that it is properly connected to your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Locate the power cable to restart your router, then unplug it from the router. Wait for 10-15 seconds after that to allow the router to rest. Then, plug in your router’s power cable and wait for it to start up full.
Now, reconnect your network link to your computer. Launch the Instagram app and try to access your account to see if the login problem on Instagram has been resolved by restarting your router.
Nevertheless, if restarting your router has not solved the problem. Proceed to the fourth method below and make sure to correctly execute the steps.
4. Date and Time Check Your Mobile.
If your computer has the wrong date and time, then connecting to Instagram’s servers will cause problems.
To connect with their servers, Instagram depends on the internet, and the service is unique when it sees that your computer has the wrong date and time settings. As a consequence, since it recognizes it as a malicious activity, it can reject your access to their servers.
For both Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad) devices, the following steps will show you how to set the correct date and time settings. Instagram Won’t Let Me Log In
How to set Android devices to set the date and time.
You can change the date and time settings if you are using an Android device by following the procedure below.
- Go to the App Drawer on your Android device and open the Settings app.
- First, scroll down and find the General Management tab on the Settings app.
- Now, tap Date and Time to change the date and time settings on your mobile.
- Finally, to ensure that your computer always has the right date and time, switch on the Automatic Date and Time settings.
After setting the automatic date and time, open the Instagram app, and try accessing your account to see if the problem has been fixed by this process.
How to set the time and date on your iOS device.
You can set your date and time on a computer that is running on iOS by following the comprehensive guide below.
- Open a computer running iOS and go to the main screen.
- Now, to open it, tap on the Settings app.
- Now, inside the Settings window, tap on the General tab.
- On Date & Time, tap.
- Finally, you can see a switch that switches the Set Automatic button on or off. The setting detects your location automatically and sets the date/time according to it. Be sure to turn it on so that there will always be an accurate date and time for your watch. Instagram Won’t Let Me Log In
Instagram Won’t Let Me Log In – If the Auto setting has already been switched on, try flipping between time zones and back, and then try switching the Auto setting back off and on again. See if it’s helping.
Re-open the Instagram app after you’ve done the above tweaks and try to access your Instagram account to check whether it will allow you to log in to your account.
You should try to clear the data and cache of the app for Android devices in case you still have trouble logging in to your Instagram account.
If you are using an iOS device, however, you can skip the next method and proceed to Method 6 directly, as we will explain how to clear the data and cache of the app for Android devices. Instagram Won’t Let Me Log In
- Clear the Data and Cache from Instagram (Android Devices Only).
If you have had Instagram installed for quite some time on your Android device, some of its system files might have been corrupted during use or while upgrading the software.
In this case, wiping the data and cache of the application will roll back any updates to the device files of the app, ensuring you have a new copy of the app and that it works properly.
You should follow the instructions below on how to delete the cache and data from Instagram.
- Go to the App Drawer on your smartphone and then, to open it, tap the Settings app.
- Now, find and select the Applications tab inside the Settings app.
- Next, on the Applications page, to open its settings, click on the Instagram app.
- Now, press the Storage button and select the Data Clear button. Bear in mind that, depending on the Android device you use, the location of the Clear Data button can differ.
We believe and sincerely hope that this post was helpful to you, please show your support by sharing it with your families, acquaintances, friends, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (including posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Quick News Ng administrator.
The blog posts and other content on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint, and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.